Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The odds are eventually going to be stacked against you

I drive over 100,000 miles a year, some of them for work, others for pure enjoyment because I simply like to MOVE.

I tell my friends that eventually the odds are going to be stacked against me and eventually I'm going to have a wreck. They claim I'm full of shit and that I have the minor wrecks I've had simply because I'm careless. I always knew they were the ones full of shit.

I'm going to have to point them to this article.

in reference to:

"Accidents are most correlated to the number of miles driven. To put it in in actuarial terms, miles driven is an exposure variable, and is multiplicative, while negligence is a class variable, and additive."
- .CSV » new developments in AI (view on Google Sidewiki)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is not exactly a family show, but please do us all a favor and try to keep your comments above an NC-17 rating.