Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I like these

Yank here. I quite like the self-service lines because:

1) I know my items will be bagged properly. The cold sweaty stuff won't be in with the dry things. Amazingly, very few baggers in the US understand this.

2) Any more a lot of our check out people have very bad attitudes, as though they're the ones being imposed upon. I don't get that attitude with a machine.

3) I'm personally fascinated with touch screen interfaces. They are far more difficult to design than some people might think. Any time I pass a touch screen I have to stop and play around with the escape sequences and all the other stuff inherent in these interfaces.

in reference to: BBC News - The problem with self-service checkouts (view on Google Sidewiki)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is not exactly a family show, but please do us all a favor and try to keep your comments above an NC-17 rating.